News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

July 2006 GTH past meets present

Started by FL SAAC, September 26, 2024, 02:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

By July 2006 (the first 20 GT-H models were produced the week of 4/17-4/21) Hertz started reporting to Ford Racing .

Back In BusinessFrom 1965 through 1967, Shelby Mustangs were built by Shelby. Cars were assembled by Ford to a certain spec and then delivered to Shelby's Los Angeles area facilities. Mustangs were converted using a combination of Shelby and aftermarket parts, then reserialized and delivered to Ford dealers or, in the case of the H models, to Hertz. With the exception of the shop now being located in Las Vegas, and the fact that this model isn't available new from Ford, today's GT-H program is startlingly similar to the original.

The assembly building-the same used for the Shelby Series I-is outfitted with six lifts, each of which is the epicenter of a Mustang's transformation from GT to GT-H. Two-man teams are responsible for the process from stem to stern. They receive the car, inspect it, and begin the assembly process. The rearend is swapped, as are the exhaust system, shocks, anti-roll bars, intake system, and so on. The hood, fascias, and side scoops are painted on-site in Shelby's own booth. The same guys who bolt on the bodywork are responsible for putting on the ID badges, although a separate team focuses on the gold-stripe appliqus. About 10 man-hours are required for the conversion, not including paintwork

When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius Antoninus Augustus

Home of the Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers

I have all UNGOLD cars

Coralsnake

Motortrend writes some great articles!

Thanks for sharing
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

FL SAAC

The quality-assurance checklists are highly detailed, including each team test-driving the car and placing their signatures on it.

"We want every guy on the line to have ownership in the car and the process" says production manager Akos Feher.

"It's their responsibility to get the car right from every aspect. The team also has been the source of many process-improvement suggestions.

These cars are their babies." The quality of the finished cars we saw on the production line backs that up.

When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Quote from: Coralsnake on September 26, 2024, 05:33:54 PMMotortrend writes some great articles!

Thanks for sharing

Thanks for your input....  ;D

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

The quality-assurance checklists are highly detailed, including each team test-driving the car and placing their signatures on it.

"We want every guy on the line to have ownership in the car and the process" says production manager Akos Feher.

"It's their responsibility to get the car right from every aspect. The team also has been the source of many process-improvement suggestions.

These cars are their babies." The quality of the finished cars we saw on the production line backs that up.

What's even more heartwarming to Shelbyphiles is that this is real.

It's not a licensee agreement, an arrangement with a subcontractor, or a backyard Shelby clone operation.

And the man who owns the place is a Texan named Carroll.

Just as it should be.

"The New Real Ones"

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

The process was just as involved as the early years. Heavy emphasis on handling and performance improvements.

I have all UNGOLD cars