News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

67 License Plate fram

Started by csheff, September 27, 2024, 10:47:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

csheff

Amyone know of someone doing authentic style license plate frames? Back in 67 would the dealer frames be a two hole or 4 hole frame?

J_Speegle

Don't know of any one that is currently casting old style lic plate frames. Likely would cost allot of make even a cheap mold and then you would likely need a run in the high 100's to over a thousand. By now if they were available I would have expected to have seen nice reproductions of some of the expensive hard to find frames that can go for $500 plus. Have a pair of a specific dealers framed locally that I've been trying to buy for about twenty years.  Last offer was $600 for the pair  ::)

As far as the two or four hole depended on who made (the after market supplier the dealership contracted with) the frames. Would guess that these companies were somewhat regional so the Chevy, Dodge, Ford and so on dealerships in one city or area of the country might get their supply from one or two of the same companies everyone else was using.

In a few pictures I had handy showed four holes but both of those were California based dealerships

Good luck
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

98SVT - was 06GT

keep an eye on fleabay. generally $100 up for a pair of metal ones. if the dealer is still in business they probably have plastic ones.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless