News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

SFM5S208 on BAT

Started by 5s386, September 29, 2024, 10:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SBCARGUY

Quote from: Bill on October 10, 2024, 08:45:09 AM
Quote from: shelbymann1970 on October 10, 2024, 07:43:25 AMMy thoughts are on stock cars that left the factories are this: If it was sold as a race car or turned into a race car from day one a conundrum is what livery do you end up at? The very first configuration? A later one if the car had the most success as that livery? So take this car my thoughts are restore it to stock or as raced livery. The end product is neither? Am I correct on this? Of course opinions vary but you are not getting a car restored to what it ever was "back in the day". You are buying a modified 65 Shelby whereas the value is in how stock/original" it is or how it was when modified to race at some point.

Just my personal two cents worth-----If the car has vintage race history, be it on day 1, or day 800, at least to me, it should be kept as a race prepped car. If the current owner wants to restore it to stock, that is his or her prerogative, their car, their money. As far as SFM5S208 is concerned, the current owner/seller was so focused on the money spent on the car, but failed to realize that you can easily be on the wrong side of the economic equation when it comes to restoring an antique car that those figures do not matter. Same goes for the quality of the restoration, or the attention to detail of the same. As of right now, in the current market, he must now realize that he will be losing money with the sale, as there is less of a chance of finding an uninformed buyer just looking to scratch that "Shelby itch".

Bill

Bill,

You are 100 percent correct.

Josh
Aka
SBCARGUY