News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Completely block updates from a user

Started by DB289, October 02, 2024, 11:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tesgt350

Quote from: Bill Collins on October 03, 2024, 12:17:09 PMPart of the problem is that the method of how posts appear was revised when the system was last updated. Previously, the board initiated a thread whenever a new post was started under a particular topic. Subsequent posts were integrated into that running thread, and that topic reappeared on the board under its original heading only once each time a new post was made, regardless of how many replies occurred. You simply opened it to see the latest post, together with all that preceded it.

The current design causes every subsequent post to an existing thread to newly appear on its own on the board. This clutters the board, and as Ed Meyer pointed out, causes topics of interest to quickly go out of view.

This is a major design flaw in the forum system and I encourage those responsible for its design to abandon this approach and revert to how the posting protocol was previously constructed.

This ^^^^^

camp upshur

Ed Meyer, Bill Collins, and all:
This is so correct. The substance of our lifelong hobby has been so denigrated by such psychotic weirdos barging in on us with nothing to say!
So many guys with so much to offer have understandably been quieted by this useless clutter.
Can't we get a divorce? And return to tech??
Moderators/Webmater- can we consider some of the structural tweaks mentioned - at a minimum?

Steve A
5S339-50 yrs

JWH

Quote from: tesgt350 on October 03, 2024, 02:57:23 PM
Quote from: Bill Collins on October 03, 2024, 12:17:09 PMPart of the problem is that the method of how posts appear was revised when the system was last updated. Previously, the board initiated a thread whenever a new post was started under a particular topic. Subsequent posts were integrated into that running thread, and that topic reappeared on the board under its original heading only once each time a new post was made, regardless of how many replies occurred. You simply opened it to see the latest post, together with all that preceded it.

The current design causes every subsequent post to an existing thread to newly appear on its own on the board. This clutters the board, and as Ed Meyer pointed out, causes topics of interest to quickly go out of view.

This is a major design flaw in the forum system and I encourage those responsible for its design to abandon this approach and revert to how the posting protocol was previously constructed.

This ^^^^^

Double Triple this    Please if at all possible, revert back to the entire thread showing only once and not every single individual reply!!! thank you for all you do.

shelbydoug

Quote from: JWH on October 03, 2024, 03:58:23 PM
Quote from: tesgt350 on October 03, 2024, 02:57:23 PM

This ^^^^^

Double Triple this    Please if at all possible, revert back to the entire thread showing only once and not every single individual reply!!! thank you for all you do.

This was my initial point. It doesn't appear that the software program being used here has that option?

I agree that the apparent reaction was overwhelmingly negative to the current format.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

98SVT - was 06GT

This thread was started by a newbie - if only he knew the pain we've all endured.
Some states are known for having big pests and problems with keeping undesirables out of your forum......
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

I find it interesting he hasn't commented on this post

RSJ inVic

FYI..First Post - 68 GT350 #02683- 1983 ..I have never posted anything on this site...however I do observe all great things SAAC. Very disappointing to see this "them, they, her, him" dominate the dialogue and postings on this site. My only consolation is that I am located in the exact opposite area and country (Canada). Hopefully SAAC will find its way to restore the integrity of this valuable information source.  All good in Victoria BC.
Thanks to all the great contributors....Bob, Pete et al.   8)

shelbymann1970

So I tolerated the troll until I mentioned one day a pet peeve of mine on this forum. Well the Troll started trying to bait me on my pet peeve every chance he could(Cash money). Well The simple solution was the first pic you see below. It doesn't solve all. Take this topic and apply it to the troll when looking at "recent posts" in my second pic here. I wish we could go back to one topic/latest poster and the most recent posts on it instead of 60 percent of a lively topic like in my second pic taken today. I also miss out on topics as I am not here every day and some get washed out because of the multiple recent posts on the same topic.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)
"2nd" owner of 68 GT500 #1626

DB289

I'm pretty determined to solve what is clearly a long standing ongoing issue. Does anyone have contact details for the moderator of the entire forum? Thanks

computerworks

Quote from: DB289 on October 04, 2024, 11:00:16 AMI'm pretty determined to solve what is clearly a long standing ongoing issue. Does anyone have contact details for the moderator of the entire forum? Thanks

Send any requests or suggestions to: pitcrew@saac.com

Indicate "SAAC Forum Issue" in the Subject line

Thanks