News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

GT350 Carburetor Fuel Line

Started by ZJShelby73, October 08, 2024, 01:27:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZJShelby73

Hi all, I'm currently getting the carb set up for my 68 GT350 clone and I'm wondering if anyone could show some pictures of the fuel line going from the fuel pump up to the carb (note my car has A/C and power steering brackets). All pictures I find the fuel line is blocked by the air cleaner. I've also seen people having the fuel line run on either driver or passengers side and my carb has a hard line from each bowl connecting to a single on the passenger side. I believe my carb is a 4118 Holley but I will confirm when I get back to my shop. Any help is appreciated.

ZJShelby73

Bob Gaines

Quote from: ZJShelby73 on October 08, 2024, 01:27:43 AMHi all, I'm currently getting the carb set up for my 68 GT350 clone and I'm wondering if anyone could show some pictures of the fuel line going from the fuel pump up to the carb (note my car has A/C and power steering brackets). All pictures I find the fuel line is blocked by the air cleaner. I've also seen people having the fuel line run on either driver or passengers side and my carb has a hard line from each bowl connecting to a single on the passenger side. I believe my carb is a 4118 Holley but I will confirm when I get back to my shop. Any help is appreciated.
The fuel line is the same as any 4 barrel equipped 68 302 regardless of if Holley or Ford. Both carbs fuel inlet enter the carb in the same location. FYI the front bowl Ford Holley has two inlets one on each side whereas the after market Holley has only one on the passenger side . 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

ZJShelby73

Quote from: Bob Gaines on October 08, 2024, 09:17:40 AM
Quote from: ZJShelby73 on October 08, 2024, 01:27:43 AMHi all, I'm currently getting the carb set up for my 68 GT350 clone and I'm wondering if anyone could show some pictures of the fuel line going from the fuel pump up to the carb (note my car has A/C and power steering brackets). All pictures I find the fuel line is blocked by the air cleaner. I've also seen people having the fuel line run on either driver or passengers side and my carb has a hard line from each bowl connecting to a single on the passenger side. I believe my carb is a 4118 Holley but I will confirm when I get back to my shop. Any help is appreciated.
The fuel line is the same as any 4 barrel equipped 68 302 regardless of if Holley or Ford. Both carbs fuel inlet enter the carb in the same location. FYI the front bowl Ford Holley has two inlets one on each side whereas the after market Holley has only one on the passenger side . 

Hi bob I've attached 2 pics of my carb in my original post above

Bob Gaines

Your picture shows a typical aftermarket Holley. Your choices are to find and add a Ford front bowl that is threaded on both sides or you can also try and bend up a new metal line that will extend to the passenger side Holley inlet.  You can cut off the Ford fuel line before where it turns to go towards the carb and then add a rubber hose to go the rest of the way to your Holley chrome inlet on the passenger side.That choice will be the easiest and least expensive.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bob Gaines

Posted picture shows what it should look like from the factory

shelbymann1970

I do not know if this helps but this was the setup on my GT350 I did almost 20 years ago. The carb is a 66 390 Holley which is dimensionally the same(no emissions bowl on the font).
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)
"2nd" owner of 68 GT500 #1626

ZJShelby73

Quote from: Bob Gaines on October 08, 2024, 07:46:05 PMPosted picture shows what it should look like from the factory

Thanks Bob really appreciate the pics and advice