News:

SPECIAL NOTICE - See SAAC-50 Forum for DATE CHANGE for SAAC-50

Main Menu

66 carryover

Started by 67 GT350, October 14, 2024, 05:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

67 GT350

Can anyone tell me the value of a 66 carryover or leftover GT350. Like Haggerty would do it? Is it one through five?

1 bing basket case
2 being complete but needing work
3 being a driver
4 being older restoration not perfect or correct
5 being restored

Not sure but I think those are the ratings?
RARE  Signature Delete

6s1640

You got your numbers backwards to Hagerty. They says to ad 35% for car VIN's SFM6S001 to SFM6S252, minus any prototypes or drag cars.  The categories are also:

1 - Excellent - Concourse
2 - Fine
3 - Very Good
4 - Good
5 - Very restorable
6 - Parts car

I have seen some variations on the description titles.  Best to read their definitions.  Also, remember this is just a guide, not an absolute.  There are all sorts of other variables that can affect value.  In the end, the seller and buyer have to agree on the final value.

See link for expanded descriptions

https://www.hagerty.com/media/buying-and-selling/car-conditions-what-the-numbers-mean/

Best of luck

Cory

67 GT350

OK, but what about the numbers for a carryover....$$$$$ rough dollar values....
RARE  Signature Delete

6s1640

Hagerty says +35%.

Also note, Hagerty does not provide price guidance on condition 5 and 6.  These values shown are mathematically extrapolated from the condition 1-4 prices.

Extrapolate = extend the application of (a method or conclusion) to an unknown situation by assuming that existing trends will continue or similar methods will be applicable.

Cory

67 GT350

RARE  Signature Delete

TLea

Quote from: 67 GT350 on October 14, 2024, 08:43:13 PMOK, but what about the numbers for a carryover....$$$$$ rough dollar values....
007 set the bar high when sold 7 years ago @ 350K Exceptional car. Since there have been several at or above that

J_Speegle

In my opinion your not going to get a reliable valuation by using a scale as described since these do not include a ton details that can affect the cars value if the buyers recognize these details. Also history, good and bad, can play a big part also so not way to build these into a simple scale. Found the most value of these scales is for guys selling cars in an attempt to show a potential buyer how much a lower scale car "could" be worth if the buyer bought and improved the car. Sort of the "look how much you could make" sort of selling pitch.

Also consider what a car is "worth" and what it might sell for are two very different things IMO
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge