News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

10 spoke lug washer help

Started by ZJShelby73, October 15, 2024, 10:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZJShelby73

Hello friends I currently have a set of 10 spokes for my 68 clone that my father bought about 15 years ago from an old fellow. Right now I'm trying to figure out washers and lug set I need for these rims. I need to know what size the washers are inner/outer diameter and thickness

Rcbach302

Those look like early over the counter wheels with a flat seat/washer as opposed to the more popular tapered seat later wheels. The OEM flat lugs are very difficult to find in any condition. I purchased these on eBay and while not totally correct, they serve the purpose pretty well.

1968 GT350 Convertible #3127

JD

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

FL SAAC

Call Branda and see if they have any left in the shop

Best of luck
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius Antoninus Augustus

Home of the Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers

I have all UNGOLD cars

Road Reptile

Hi,
Just measured a washer and it is 0.125" thick 1.027" O.D and 0.687" I.D (OR 11/16")
Also checked the Mcgard website and they offer them in stainless and they are available from a ton of places Summit-Jegs-Amazon-Tire rack- so if Branda is out of stock you have
Many options. As a word of caution the proper length of lug nut shank is important. If the wrong one is used it may bottom on the axle and not secure the wheel. Torque the wheel to 100 ft lbs and retorque after driving 250 Miles. Aluminium wheels will "move" so retorque is critical Especially with a non tapered seat lug nut. No one wants a wheel to be loose for any reason. Hope this helps
R.R.