News:

SPECIAL NOTICE - See SAAC-50 Forum for DATE CHANGE for SAAC-50

Main Menu

New scammer on site (a g a i n ! )

Started by Mike_Senar, October 18, 2024, 09:48:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike_Senar

Received two of them this morning.   They are sure attracted to my steering wheel hub wanted message for some reason...
  first user name kennedyronnie34  with an e-mail response of peternillsmith@outlook.com
 second user name  mscottie  with an e-mail response  jeff.millard27@outlook.com

Watch-out

Bill Collins

I received emails from the same two addresses regarding my wanted post for a '68 Mercury power window switch. I immediately realized they are scams by their "referral" language, which has been discussed here.
Enthusiast since 1965, SAAC charter member since 1975 and Regional Rep since 1985, GT350 Owner since 1971, 289 Cobra owner 1979-2016, Ford GT owner 2006 - 2017

Forum Guide

Mike_Senar

Hello,
  Is there some way you guys (administrators) can control this?

CharlesTurner

Quote from: Mike_Senar on October 18, 2024, 10:41:47 AMHello,

There should be a forum admin setting where a user has to have a certain number of posts on the forum before being able to send PM's.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

5s386

Please remove these scammers:  mary_cazwell@outlook.com   and  peternillsmith@outlook.com

Thanks!

Bill

67 GT350

too bad we do not tell of bad restorations shops also, at least if you pay with a CC you can fight the charges.
RARE  Signature Delete

computerworks

Quote from: 5s386 on October 18, 2024, 11:02:54 AMPlease remove these scammers:  mary_cazwell@outlook.com   and  peternillsmith@outlook.com

Thanks!

Those are not members to be removed... they are the "referrals"  that the scammer suggests you contact.

shelbymann1970

THe simple but NOT PERFECT solution is to ignore those you do not know or others do not know. I'd like to think SAAC is a tight knit community and even tighter among the years we own. I have now been contacted by several scammers on the parts I need. I just delete their message and on every case when I saw it the account was already dealt with by our Moderator. THANKS.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)
"2nd" owner of 68 GT500 #1626

computerworks

Quote from: CharlesTurner on October 18, 2024, 10:53:47 AM
Quote from: Mike_Senar on October 18, 2024, 10:41:47 AMHello,

There should be a forum admin setting where a user has to have a certain number of posts on the forum before being able to send PM's.

thanks... already enabled  :(

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Just got a message from the same. They all seem to follow a pattern
Owned since 1971, NOW DRIVEN OVER 250,000 MILES, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎