News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Sleeping Beauty wakes up

Started by 427heaven, January 23, 2018, 09:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralsnake

A GT500 isnt going to go 170mph  plus, even with a 427 and a professional driver.
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

427heaven

So PETE is this all a figment of someone's imagination? This never happened...

Coralsnake

...and Shelby has a warehouse full of 427 chassis
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

FL SAAC

Quote from: Coralsnake on June 17, 2024, 08:15:28 AMA GT500 isnt going to go 170mph  plus even with a 427 and a professional driver.

It could happen

Remember the impossible is the possible yet not achieved
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

shelbydoug

Quote from: FL SAAC on June 17, 2024, 08:52:13 AM
Quote from: Coralsnake on June 17, 2024, 08:15:28 AMA GT500 isnt going to go 170mph  plus even with a 427 and a professional driver.

It could happen

But it already has. Read the press.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

FL SAAC

Quote from: shelbydoug on June 17, 2024, 08:56:25 AM
Quote from: FL SAAC on June 17, 2024, 08:52:13 AM

It could happen

But it already has. Read the press.

Big plus one
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

tesgt350

Did the 1967 Super Snake ever have a different Hood, even for a short time?  For some reason, when ever I think of the Super Snake, I picture it in my head as White with the Blue Triple Stripe going over the Top and the White Wall Tires but it has the same Hood as the Eleanor Mustang.  I would almost swear that I seen photos of the Super Snake back in the early 70's with a Hood like the one used on the Eleanor Mustang but the bulge not as tall. 

tesgt350

ALSO, what is the difference between a Medium Riser and a High Riser 427?  Is it the Intake, the Intake & Heads or is it more?  If it is Intake & Heads will a Medium Riser Intake fit with the High Riser Heads?

S7MS427

Quote from: tesgt350 on June 17, 2024, 09:12:15 AMALSO, what is the difference between a Medium Riser and a High Riser 427?  Is it the Intake, the Intake & Heads or is it more?  If it is Intake & Heads will a Medium Riser Intake fit with the High Riser Heads?

It is both the heads and associated intake manifold.  A high riser uses high riser heads (that is where the engine gets its name, not from the intake) and a high riser intake.  Same situation for a medium riser: medium riser heads, medium riser intake.
Roy Simkins
http://www.s-techent.com/Shelby.htm
1966 G.T.350H SFM6S817
1967 G.T.500 67400F7A03040

Bob Gaines

Quote from: tesgt350 on June 17, 2024, 09:08:28 AMDid the 1967 Super Snake ever have a different Hood, even for a short time?  For some reason, when ever I think of the Super Snake, I picture it in my head as White with the Blue Triple Stripe going over the Top and the White Wall Tires but it has the same Hood as the Eleanor Mustang.  I would almost swear that I seen photos of the Super Snake back in the early 70's with a Hood like the one used on the Eleanor Mustang but the bulge not as tall.
There is some circumstantial evidence to suggest that the super snake initially started out with a standard 67 Shelby hood (one photo I think)before the louvered (later for air conditioning) hood was used. No the Supersnake never sported the silly Eleanor movie car hood.   
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bob Gaines

Quote from: tesgt350 on June 17, 2024, 09:12:15 AMALSO, what is the difference between a Medium Riser and a High Riser 427?  Is it the Intake, the Intake & Heads or is it more?  If it is Intake & Heads will a Medium Riser Intake fit with the High Riser Heads?
S7MS427(Roy) was exactly right in his post. Just to be crystal clear a 427 high riser head requires a highriser intake. There is a port match difference.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

S7MS427

Quote from: Bob Gaines on June 17, 2024, 11:16:31 AMNo the Supersnake never sported the silly Eleanor movie car hood.   
+1, "the silly Eleanor movie car hood".  Thank god the Eleanor infatuation seems to have finally worn off.
Roy Simkins
http://www.s-techent.com/Shelby.htm
1966 G.T.350H SFM6S817
1967 G.T.500 67400F7A03040

tesgt350

Quote from: Bob Gaines on June 17, 2024, 11:34:23 AM
S7MS427(Roy) was exactly right in his post. Just to be crystal clear a 427 high riser head requires a highriser intake. There is a port match difference.

Thanks Bob, that is what I was thinking.

427heaven

Well I thought I would wait a few weeks to see if anyone had some input to the fastest Shelby from back in the day. Apparently, pics and info are as rare as a CHUPACABRA/BIGFOOT sighting. Seems the car went thru some changes as all the specialty performance cars that came out of Shelby American did. Good news is I dont need to adapt High Riser components to my existing set up. If anyone is good at locating vintage archival info on the Super Snake, a few of us would be very interested in its changes along the way! Thanks...

427heaven

No info/updates on the fastest SHELBY ever?