News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Three classic cars stolen at Good Guys car show.

Started by CSX 4133, November 13, 2019, 03:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CSX 4133

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

67 GT350

Maybe I am stupid, but can I ask, how does that happen?
RARE  Signature Delete

JWH

Quote from: 67 GT350 on November 13, 2019, 06:43:32 PM

Great question. Something smells like week-old fish here.

67 GT350

Quote from: JWH on November 13, 2019, 06:48:30 PM

Great question. Something smells like week-old fish here.

I know, right?
"Look honey there goes a car just like ours, wait it is ours, did you leave the keys in the ignition?"
Things that make you go HUUUUUH?????!?!?!?!!?!
RARE  Signature Delete

CSX 4133

In the case of the Impala it supposedly had a steering wheel lock (Ala the Club) installed.

Local news story on the theft.
https://www.sfgate.com/cars/article/Porsche-Impala-Mustang-stolen-Goodguys-car-show-14829342.php#photo-18599505

J_Speegle

Haven't gone to that show for a couple of years. Think it would be easier to get the cars in other ways but this sounds more like a group effort. Of course now a says if someone saw something they would be more likely to take a video than get involved

Quote from: CSX 4133 on November 13, 2019, 07:44:51 PM

In the case of the Impala it supposedly had a steering wheel lock (Ala the Club) installed.

That takes about 2-5 seconds to bypass/remove. We use to have races to see how quickly you could get one off a car.  ::)
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Side-Oilers

Yep.  A thief will just bend or cut the steering wheel to remove it.

Doesn't matter if the Club is hardened steel when steering wheels aren't.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

1967 eight barrel

While many of you poo-poo carrying of a sidearm to shows. This is why I always do it.  This is a new gang challenge.
However, I go to shows now with the same three veterans.  Here in Texas we all watch out for each other.

I won the best in show this weekend at the SSG Alex Viola Memorial Car Show in Keller.  426 cars in attendance this weekend and some pretty heavy competition.  Had a good showing of Mustang and Cougars!
                                                                                           -Keith

69mach351w

I'm wondering too.
Because I never take my eye off my Mach 1 (per se) at a car show until it's in my car hauler locked with brinks or safe at home.

Must've happened at night sitting alone or when car show was over ???

Bigfoot

I remember leaving my car unattended, overnight at SAAC 33 but it was with several others and the option was better than the Hotel parking lot.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

SFM5S000

This is exactly why I always avoided the Good Guy's Car show in Pleasanton. Good show, very cool cars BUT some of the shady-est (real word?) people go.
I doubt the 3 cars taken were actually in the show, (maybe) But attendees bring really cool cars to it and park in the fairgrounds parking lots (fields) and leave them for hours with no one around. So it would be fairly easy to steal a car. Being on the fairgrounds property, the fairgrounds has some responsibility to report it.
The Good Guys used to have one of the best Swap Meets for parts though.
In the past when I went, I'd take a normal daily driver.

Cheers,
~Earl J

BGlover67

Do you think the Porsche was real or one of the many fiberglas redo's?  Big value difference of course.

Where is our classic Porsche consultant NC TrackRat?
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

FL SAAC

very opportune time to rename venue...bad guys car show...
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Don Johnston